[TYPO3-dev] Datetime bug in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 10:25:21 CET 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Anyone has objections about removing timezone handling from TYPO3
> JS&tceforms (see the patch)? I do not send this as RFC to core list yet
> because I am not sure while all this UTC handling was added in 4.2. But
> it obviously does not work properly: editor sets value to 22:35 today
> and after saving it becomes 1:35 tomorrow. Oops...

Situation is worse than I thought. I just set startime to 11:15 in BE for tt_news item and got 13:15 in database. This means that tt_news item will not appear in proper time. This is on my local server, so my public server is not unique.

To summarize:
- for some reason I get different results in JavaSript for time calculation on different servers
- datetime value in database is always saved wrong

So this is a blocker for 4.2.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team