[TYPO3-dev] Datetime bug in 4.2

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 14:46:02 CET 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:

Hi again,

just a rollback on my previous mail:

after thinking about it again and talking with Ingmar on the phone it
seems that changing all occurrences or however time related
functionality seems to be a rather major task and could impose follow-up
issues due to insufficient testing.

Therefore I'd like to ask you to postpone this project to 4.3 so that we
can start with it right at the beginning and put it on a solid basis and
get it tested well. The concept for correct working timezone related
issues really should be planed well and thought through instead of
introducing other complications by doing it in a rush.

The current state of course doesn't seem to be acceptable, too.
Therefore the most obvious solution is to revert Ernesto's change and
return to the previous behavior.

Hope this is understandable and makes sense.

all the best
Ingo

P.S: this also makes beta2 set for tonight, packaging starting somewhere
around 20.00 o'clock German time.

--
Ingo Renner