[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 14 08:27:33 CET 2008

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> But the problem remains: If you are using a plugin _and_ the author didn't
> implement $this->cObj->stdWrap, you simply can't use it.
> So I would prefer a default stdWrap for all USER or USER_INT elements to
> provide stdWrap properties regardless of the extension itself.

I have an idea but it only applies to newly generated extensions.

Currently kickstarter generates empty TS. May be it should generate default TS like this:

plugin.tx_extkey_pi1 = USER
plugin.tx_extkey_pi1 {
	userFunc = tx_extkey_pi1->main
	stdWrap.wrap = <div class="tx-extkey-pi1">|</div>
}

And class tx_extkey_pi1 has this main():

function main(....) {

	return $this->cObj->stdWrap($content, $this->conf['stdWrap.']);
}

This way we still preserve pi_wrapInBaseClass functionality but provide stdWrap for any [new] extension.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team