[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 14 02:15:41 CET 2008

>>> "plugin" is an array of USER and USER_INT objects. It's up to them
>>> to provide stdWrap's for their properties.
>>
>> can you explain this with tt_news as example?
>> so normally it's an USER-Object. How can i provide stdWrap to that
>> USER-Object?
>
> There is no out-of-the box way to use stdWrap (as you initially wrote
> in your post to this thread). Developers just call
> $this->cObj->stdWrap from their plugin, e.g.

But the problem remains: If you are using a plugin _and_ the author didn't
implement $this->cObj->stdWrap, you simply can't use it.
So I would prefer a default stdWrap for all USER or USER_INT elements to
provide stdWrap properties regardless of the extension itself.

For some of my extensions I used a workaround and provided COA as the
default TS setup for the plugin.

plugin.blah = COA
plugin.blah {
    stdWrap {
        bla
    }
    10 = USER_INT
    10 {
        bla
    }
}

IMHO this should be the default setup for every plugin because it
a) provides stdWrap automatically
b) the user can add other stuff like additional headers or descriptions
before and after the plugin more easily

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de