[TYPO3-dev] tt_news : orphan extension ?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 08:26:11 CET 2008

Hi!

Peter Förger wrote:
> Right, but after all it's still a CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete)
> extension, not very spectacular kind of code. (don't get me wrong, I
> don't wanna blame Kaspar's, Stig's and Rupi's work on that. I've honored
> it a couple of times…)

Well, this is an old extension. It is impossible to convert old extensions to use newer and modern programming techniques. It is easier to write from scratch. But writing complete new news system would be too big task. And I do not think it is feasible to do it. tt_news still works and works well!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team