[TYPO3-dev] tt_news : orphan extension ?

Peter Förger p.foerger at vke-design.de
Tue Feb 12 22:23:31 CET 2008

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:

> This extension is the most popular non-core extension...

Right, but after all it's still a CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete)
extension, not very spectacular kind of code. (don't get me wrong, I
don't wanna blame Kaspar's, Stig's and Rupi's work on that. I've honored
it a couple of times…)

> And the Bugtracker lists more than 300 issues/features...

Ingo's announcement on 4.2beta1 included a line of code that says it all:
<quote>TYPO3 is still of course an Open Source project and although we
all would like to devote our time to the project, this is not possible
in all cases.</quote>

> Again I'm not throwing rocks at Rupert, I'm trying to "fix" the situation

> Any suggestion on the next steps ?

Hold on, I'm sure Rupi will be back some day and meanwhile encourage
others to fix bugs and contribute on tt_news. No need for a new leader!

cheers,
Peter

BTW: Do you plan to take over this incredible nice ship, or is it going
to be the official public transport to T3CON08? :)