[TYPO3-dev] can't install extensions

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:47:58 CET 2008

on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:52:20 -0200, Nicolas Cohen wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a typo3 4.1.5 installation (an upgrade from a fresh 4.0
> installation i did april 2007) the site is www.global-art.com
>
> its a small news site, and i have to add comments now, so i chose
> ve_guestbook, as i've used it in the past. but the issue is i can't get
> past the install step...
>
> it creates tables, copies all files, but it doesnt show up as installed
> nor it appears as a possible content element...

have you problems with your config-file?
have a look into typo3conf/localconf.php
this is the file where the list of installed extensions is handled.
Sometimes I noticed some strange entries in that file.
try to find the line with all the extensions.

the EM seems to try to find '//' as start of a comment in that line, but
got confused if some lines include an URl with http://www....
maybe there are some other confusing strings

it may help to clean that file by hand: remove line-comments. delete
duplicate asignments, as the EM/Install-tool just adds some further lines.

> i couldn't find any clear debugging steps...
>
> i have gone through the install tools checks, all permissions are
> alright, db check, deleted the TER and re updated it (cause initially i
> couldnt find extensions in the repo either, now i can)
>
> i would appreciate any help.

Bernd