[TYPO3-dev] How to indent labels in list-view for e.g. recursive categories ?

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Feb 8 16:49:09 CET 2008

Hi devs,

I work on a plugin, that has recursive categories (like tt_news has).
For a better overview, I wanted to display the entries in Web/List-View
somehow like a treeview.

See attached screenshot on how it looks.

With a "processDatamap"-hook, I calculate a field named 'listtitle' that
contains some characters for indention and the original title.
Then I set ctrl.label = listtitle.
This works for all Typo3-Versions.

I have seen, that in Typo3 4.2 I could use the new userFunction named
'ctrl.label_userFunc' to achive the same.

But: No matter how I create the indented 'listtitle', this listtitle is
_always_ used, when displaying the label of an entry (=category).
(So when I display the parent field in this list, then these entries
also use the indented listtitle...)

Question:
Is there a way (hook ?) to change _only_ the title in the listView but
let the ctrl.label on other environments unchanged ?

-

Stefan

P.S.
I made this list sortable, so that every entry only moves
within the same tree-level. This was an ugly thing using
the processCmdmap_postProcess-hook ... ;)
-
Stefan