[TYPO3-dev] Keeping a history of old URLs with RealURL

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 11:25:32 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> But path cache is better because you may have both old a new paths for
> page and even several levels of it. For example, old paths was:
>
> /path/subpath1/subpath2/subpath3
>
> Next you moved page to:
>
> /path/subpath1/subpath3
>
> So you set expiration time on the old path to a month. RealURL will
> redirect-permanent during the whole month from old path to new path.
>
> Next you move page to another path, so you can set expiration time on
> second path. And if anyone comes to a first path, realurl will redirect
> to a new path again! Do you see the advantage of path cache? :)

but this is how the redirects should work! when I move a page in the
tree I want realurl to create a redirect and set an expiration time on
it. - patch cache doesn't have a managing interface like redirects has,
we need control over such things, fiddling in the DB with phpmyadmin is
no control.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner