[TYPO3-dev] What features from roadmap/wiki will make it in 4.2?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Feb 5 20:35:09 CET 2008

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi Ingo,
>>> like the new form wizard combined with the improved form
>>> rendering. Will this make it in 4.2?
>>
>> nope
>
> too bad - that was something that would have tempted me to upgrade to 4.2.
>
>>> And how about improved FE editing.
>>
>> nope
>
> Why are those important improvements treated like a stepmother?

Personal interest of developers. It's like taste, so there is no logical
reason behind it.

> I like TYPO3 quite a lot (for now), but I notice more and more, that
> TYPO3 is missing a overall concept where to go with the framework, what
> tasks to cover within built-in features and so on.

You know, the king is gone and the new kings have a new kingdom (5.0).
So for 4.x are only a few stewards who keep the whole thing together.

> Ok, now that v5 is coming up, some changes might not be worth the
> effort,

As I see it, the dev community is divided into two. A few who plan and
code a whole new beast and the others who stick to the old ways.
Unfortunately the latter have to cope with he holy cow and may not
continue to develop 4.x in a reasonable way. They cannot even make a new
version, because 5.0 is already taken. Ok, ok, I'm repeatign myself.

Masi