[TYPO3-dev] Clear Cache in 4.2

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Feb 5 20:32:19 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

>> When I'm testing plugins I need to clear configuration.
>> But: Do I have to clear page cache also ? Or even
>> All caches ?
>
> Clear configuration when you change ext_tables or ext_localconf
> Clear page cache when your plugin is cached and you do not want to use
> no_cache=1 and you want to see new output of your plugin
> Clear all cache tables when you need to remove other cached data that
> you know you produce (for example, clear realurl caches)

thanks for that explanation - I haven't understood that before, as it's
really not clear what is done where. When 'clear all cache' has such a
big impact, I think there should be a confirmation question for this,
where the side effects get a little bit explained. Make TYPO3 more self
explaining and don't assume that everybody hat a look at the source to
know all this stuff.

--
regards,
Franz