[TYPO3-dev] Clear Cache in 4.2

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Feb 5 16:14:00 CET 2008

"Stefan Geith" <typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1965.1202223755.24404.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> Yes, I know, what it does on the database,
> but I don't know exactly the impact for the usage of the site.
>
> When should I only clear page cache ?
> When should I clear all caches ?
>
> When I'm testing plugins I need to clear configuration.
> But: Do I have to clear page cache also ? Or even
> All caches ?

That's the point.
For developing i deactivate config cache:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extCache'] = '0';
normally also
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['displayErrors'] = '1';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['sqlDebug'] = '1';

For FE i clear both, page and page_section (all) and BrowserCache (Strg+F5)

On productive sites there is important not to clear all the cache because of
performance reasons.

vg  Steffen