[TYPO3-dev] Labels in BE

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Feb 3 19:12:28 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1202061804.10579.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i noticed that there is no consens with labels in BE
>>
>> * some use :, some not
>
> In my experience nearly everybody uses them. I'm sure that 100% of the
> Core labels end with a colon. That is, if you're speaking of field labels.

if you look eg to core flexforms, it is mixed (english). I also have seen in
german language that many have the colon.

>> I know cleaning of this is a lot of work, but it would be good to find a
>> rule for cleaning / adding new
>
> I see no real way now to get rid of them. We could add the colon in
> TCEform (and remove them in the Core), but the majority of extensions
> would still have them. What to do with them?

it's possible to globally extract them in lang function. Or possible to add
them if not exist. may be a global setting can control this.

> And there is another issue with localization. You cannot simply add a
> colon to the label. Non-latin scripts might use another or none character
> for signifying a label.

if there are other ones let them through.

So we can achieve that Forms in BE have a general look&feel.

vg Steffen