[TYPO3-dev] Labels in BE

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Feb 3 19:03:32 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i noticed that there is no consens with labels in BE
>
> * some use :, some not

In my experience nearly everybody uses them. I'm sure that 100% of the
Core labels end with a colon. That is, if you're speaking of field labels.

> I know cleaning of this is a lot of work, but it would be good to find a
> rule for cleaning / adding new

I see no real way now to get rid of them. We could add the colon in
TCEform (and remove them in the Core), but the majority of extensions
would still have them. What to do with them?

And there is another issue with localization. You cannot simply add a
colon to the label. Non-latin scripts might use another or none
character for signifying a label.

Masi