[TYPO3-dev] Feature request: - secondary options palettes loaded with ajax (I know I'm late)

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Feb 3 02:46:29 CET 2008

Hi Daniel,
>> Before 4.2 the additional secondary options palettes have only been
>> loaded when the icon was clicked. This was quite nice for dial up
>> internet connections, because the default form was more light weight
>> and loaded a bit faster. Now, the fields get loaded by default and are
>> just hidden, waiting to be shown with a click on the icon.
>> So my whish would be to load this fields with AJAX, or maybe make this
>> behavior configurable.
>
> The javascript code you need in addition should nearly zero the savings.
> And the few HTML Code (which can be passed zipped with the correct
> apache settings) for some fields should even be acceptable by slow
> connections in my opinion.

I thought it might only be one small JS function with three parameters
(name of the db-table, id of the palette to load, session ID for
authentication and fetching BE-user rights), but I have no experience
with coding ajax, so I trust your estimation.

>> I know that most users have broadband internet connections and don't
>> care about that, but in germany broadband is still not available
>> everywhere - especially in rural areas (DE: ländliche Gegend). I
>> wouldn't have a broadband connection either, if I wouldn't have a tech
>> geek as brother and wouldn't have paid 2000,- € for hardware to
>> establish a selfmade wireless lan connection to a about 4 km away
>> village where broadband is available (and even this is limited).
> Cool :-)

yes, cool from a technical fact, but not so cool having a look at the
costs and the coupled distortion of competition (de:
Wettbewerbsverzerrung). But still cheaper then renting a bureau.

--
Greetings,
Franz