[TYPO3-dev] hide be_user options by default?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 1 17:00:54 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:

> Do you see a problem with my proposed solution? I just outlined two
> possibilities and said that one of them is better be avoided. But we are
> free to use another to achieve the same effect and nothing will break;

You're right. Conditions are an option especially as the checkbox is
semantically no type. SO I have no problem with it.

But I oppose a no-addying-of-types policy. This IMHO getting ridiculous.
I'm really much for staying backwards compatible and all. But there has
to be a line. And my is, we're free to add fields wheenever we feel like
it. Kasper did even more by adding the whole versioning/WS stuff. That
was a pretty big change in semantics. And was right to do it.

Masi