[TYPO3-dev] hide be_user options by default?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 1 12:32:32 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Oh come on. Every day devs add stuff to TYPO3 that *might* break an
> extensions. Fields are added, sometimes even changed (multi FE group
> access broke some extensions), etc.

Well, if we do not care, it means people may not trust new versions.

> The TCA layout (UI) of pages and tt_content have been changed. This WILL
> break extensions/setuos that modfiy the TCA in a certain way. You're
> proclaiming stagnancy.
>
> Anway I habe thought up a way we're compatible in a reasonable way:
>
> be_users gets a type or a checkbox "hide access lists", which defaults
> to "no". A new conf var may set the default to "yes". The new 1-2-3
> installer will set this to yes, of course only for fresh installations.
>
> If we want to we can change the above wording/semantics to a "show
> access lists" scenario.

Do you see a problem with my proposed solution? I just outlined two possibilities and said that one of them is better be avoided. But we are free to use another to achieve the same effect and nothing will break;

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team