[TYPO3-dev] Speed up your Typo3 website by optimizing images

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Dec 29 14:12:35 CET 2008

Hi!

John Angel wrote:
> I was thinking to put it straight into core and to process all images - upoaded plus the ones created by Typo3.
>
> The function would always try to lossless optimize image using all methods:
> - jpegtran
> - convert
> - pngcrush
> - convert from gif to png

I do not think it will have a large support in the core team. I can be wrong of course. I would still do it in the extension. It opens much better and wider possibilities to change this code if you find new image optimization methods. Plus you can get to older TYPO3 versions too if it is an extension! With core we cannot get new features to older versions :(Extension will be more flexible.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team