[TYPO3-dev] Feature Request: Getting rid of TCA palettes

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Tue Dec 23 19:44:04 CET 2008

Simon Tuck a écrit :
> Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> The TCA palettes are necessary in extensions to implement a multi tab
>> backend. There is no other possibility to have it.
> The palettes are what you see when you enable the "secondary options".
> They have nothing to do with the tabs.
sorry

>> 'secondary options' are necessary. A normal user wants to see only the
>> most important fields to have a quick result.
>
> Well we could debate the definition of a normal user ;-)
> *My* position is that users are not much interested in "secondary
> options" and just want to see the fields they can edit. It's an
> additional click and for some it is even confusing (it's not immediately
> obvious that secondary options need to be activated). And now that we do
> have tabbed interfaces I see very little point with palettes.
Then the secondary options should still not be removed. You can discuss
to activate them by default. It should still be possible to deactivate
them in order to see only the most necessary fields. Maybe the hidden
fields in the small view could be shown by some small symbols to
indicate that something more is there.

- Franz