[TYPO3-dev] TV patches/updates

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Dec 21 18:13:38 CET 2008

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Now, reverse-engineering the whole patch to break it up into small
> chunks is kind of a really big challenge. What I would like to suggest
> would be to export the changes Niels made in his SVN repository while
> developping the current big patch. Is it possible? Could you manage to
> export revisions X (stand of TV when you started) to Y (X->Y being the
> patch you issued)? This way, I think that creating small patch chunks
> may be much easier as one will be able to understand the different steps
> you made to create the final patch.

This will help if Niels committed small logical changes, not big pieces of code randomly. I did not see that SVN and do not know how it worked... May be Niels can comment.

I will put DS editor to TV, this is for sure.

There are also some other changes coming. One of the was committed yesterday, others will be committed next week. Yesterday's change by default removes DS selector from page and FCE records (yes, it is possible to get it back!). If the site does not have many DSes, it does not make sense to force user select DS (this is extra unnecessary step which causes page reload). So now there is only TO selector, where TOs are grouped by DS. There is a switch at extension details to make old behavior back if someone still wants it.

Next there will be some more UI changes as well as other usability improvements.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team