[TYPO3-dev] [Fwd: Re: text/img and img elements with css-class?]

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Dec 15 10:34:57 CET 2008

Hi,

>> What are you claiming is impossible? The RTE is fully capable of
>> applying custom classes to images (but again, I can't tell what you're
>> talking about RTE is something different from Text/Img and Img...)
>> What's more, the default CSS Styled Content configuration includes a
>> way of applying classes to individual content elements (so you could
>> target images using descendant selectors)--and, again, it's easily
>> customizable using TSconfig (see 'Frame' in the 'General' tab of a
>> content element).
> all the time i have only been talking about the tab MEDIA in RTE.
> and there i can't find anything like a possibility to give a media
> element, i.e. an img, a class.

sorry - but in that case RTFM of htmlarea :). You can even force a
certain parameter (doesn't have to be a class) with the
parseFunc/HTMLparser in lib.parseFunc_RTE. You can also remove the width
and height attributes there (see TSref for that).

And assigning a css-Class is nicely working for me when I activate
images for RTE (which I disable by default) - you can select it in the
same dialog where you can configure the dimensions, the floating as well
as the "alt" and "title" attribute (once a image is inserted, rightclick
the image and edit it's properties).
And you should know that you need to tell the RTE which classes are
allowed to be used for images:

--- pageTS ---
RTE.default.classesImage = class1,class2,class3

So I don't get your problem - it's all in the manual of htmlarea.

But if you really want to have control over the size of images, use
desired content elements for that and disable images in RTE.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch