[TYPO3-dev] [Fwd: Re: text/img and img elements with css-class?]

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Dec 11 13:48:54 CET 2008

Hi Stephan,
> i understand now probably our misunderstandings or, better, different
> starting points of our discussion.
>
> as i said, i use YAML with templavoila.
> which means that among a lot of other things that each browser is fed by
> default fontsize values (in curly brackets, of course):
> html * = font-size: 100.01%   and   body = font-size: 75.00%  (meaning
> 12px)

that's not in any way different then what I do - but I don't(!) need to
define image sizes in EM - I'm quite fine with pixel width.

> from there almost everything that follows is calculable in percent.

yes - but that also means that I would need to configure image
dimensions in percent (which I would have understood) and not in EM ;)

> also the templavoila template divs and columns are only defined in percent.
> therefore to put an image element in a div/column i only need to define
> a class with the respective width in percent of the div's width.

I think your problem is, how to define a maximum width for images in
f.e. a multicolumn FCE content element or a side frame in the layout.
This is currently no problem to do if you know some TypoScript. I'm
doing this for some years now. The benefit from this is, that you
physically reduce the size of the image which will make it load faster.
Every guy that doesn't have a broadband internet access (like in rural
areas in germany) will thank you for that ;)

So, this is after all no reason for scalable images with a CSS class,
but more for the laziness to do it the right way or to learn how to do
it the right way :P

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch