[TYPO3-dev] [Fwd: Re: text/img and img elements with css-class?]

grac grac at gmx.ch
Wed Dec 10 12:15:06 CET 2008

hello again

after having unsucessfully tried to change the settings in the RTE form
for text/img and img in order to get to my desired img-classes as a
choice i return back to this forum.

what i need for my elastic layouts:

   1. elastic images, which grow/shrink with the rest of the whole
      layout and text-elements.
   2. being able to address images while setting them in the BE-form and
      give them a special class, let's say: 100% of the FCE or 66% of
      the FCE or whatever. these classes are defined in my css-files.
   3. having a choice is important for the editors.

as i have written in my former statements i can always use the text-form
and insert my images there, give them individually a class (in html) and
save the whole element.

but i think it would be better to integrate the possibility to give the
editor while inserting images a (predefined) selection of classes.

meanwhile i have realised that the idea of elastic images (in an elastic
layout) is not popular at all in the typo3 community. to be more
precise: i guess that this idea is just not at all in the focus of typo3
idea. and i just wonder why:

    * does typo3 need to have fixed images?
    * is it just a purist ideology?
    * is it in the development pipeline to give the editor this possibility?

i'm grateful of any clear answer to my problem.

thanks in advance

stephan