[TYPO3-dev] IF-property in cObject IMAGE different then IMAGE.stdWrap.if ?

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Tue Dec 9 17:22:42 CET 2008

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch schrieb am 08.12.2008 15:29 Uhr:
> Hi list,
>
> I just noticed a strange behavior. I applied the same if-statement in
> two different ways, once to the if-property if a IMAGE cObject, once to
> stdWrap inside the IMAGE cObject. Example:
>
> -------------------
> # the statement
> tmp.displayCondition.if.isTrue {
>     field = category_uid
>     [...]
> }
>
> # way a)
> 10 = IMAGE
> 10 {
>     #...
>     if < tmp.displayCondition.if
> }
>
> # way b)
> 10 = IMAGE
> 10 {
>     #...
>     stdWrap.if < tmp.displayCondition.if
> }
> ------------------
>
> Version a) always failed whereas version b) is working like expected.
> Has anybody a Idea what the reason could be? Is IMAGE.if not a "real"
> if-parameter but a light-weight version of it?
>
> The same is working without any problem on TEXT cObjects (TEXT.if). So I
> think that the stdWrap-if property is somehow different than the one in
> IMAGE cObjects (and maybe others)?
>
> Might that be a bug?

without looking at the code I'd say from your example that in
IMAGE.stdWrap.if the record you want to render is available while in
IMAGE.if it's not. Probably in the latter case the "uppermost" cObject
is used which renders the page. Maybe you can approve this by using a
field that's characteristic for table pages.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler