[TYPO3-dev] Link wizard allows to link to CEs that are not allowed for section index

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sun Dec 7 16:35:02 CET 2008

Hi Franz,
Franz Koch wrote:

> What bothers me now is, that the editors can still see those content
> elements in the link wizards. To make that possible, I'd need to XCLASS
> class.browse_links.php. But the problem is now, that this class get's
> extended by various other extensions that also provide a link wizard
> (like rtehtmlarea). So my xclass wouldn't affect those wizards and I
> would have to find and xclass those, too.
>
> My question to you folks is now:
> a) do you see any other, more flexible way to do this
> b) think that this feature might be something for the core?

to b)

If you have a lot of headlines with deep hierarchy you might not want
them to show up in the section index, but on the other hand you might
want to link to the headlines with lower hierarchy manually.

In other words, I would not want to hide all CEs which do not have a
section index, at least not in general.

Uschi