[TYPO3-dev] How to auto-update Typo3 to latest stable via SVN ?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Dec 2 11:51:05 CET 2008

Hi Stefan,

> I would like to to do a daily 'SVN update' via cron
> on my Servers to ensure to have always the latest
> stable version of e.g. Typo3 4.2
> (but no autoupdate to 4.3 when it is released!)

I think of this too.

> I there a way to do that ?
>
> I can't use
>   https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/branches/TYPO3_4-2
> because this gets every patch on the _way_ _to_ the next stable.
> And this shouldn't be done on productive servers ...
>
> Couldn't there be something like
>   https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/tags/TYPO3_4-2-latest
> that always holds the latest released stable version ?

What is the difference in your mind between /branches/TYPO3_4-2 and a
"latest" tag? For me the head of a branch always holds the latest
patches applied such that you get bug fixed. The head of a branch never
includes new feature (which would slowly convert your 4.2 into a 4.3).

> This would enable some kind of 'auto-update' each time
> a new and/or security release of Typo3 is ready...
>
> Any ideas ?

As said, I think that using /branches/TYPO3_4-2 should fit your
requirements.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html