[TYPO3-dev] Field in pages is overwritten in custom Workspace

Christopher Schnell typo3 at mda.ch
Fri Aug 8 10:00:42 CEST 2008

Hi devs,

I wrote a little extension that inserts a new database relation into the
table pages. It is an inline relation so that users can add some
additional data to some pages (in this case for xml export of some meta
data which users don't need to see).

Now I am experiencing the problem, that the value in my added field gets
overwritten if an editor edits the page in a custom Workspace. The
editor doesn't have access to the referenced table, so he gets an error
"1: Attempt to modify table 'my_referenced_table' without permission".
That wouldn't be too bad (although not nice) but the really bad thing
is, that the value for the referenced table in the pages field is set to
0 and with that, my refernence is lost.

How is it possible, that this field is overwritten by the workspace even
though the error message sais, that there is no permission on the
referenced table? Does anyone know how to solve this?

Regards,
Christopher.