[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 1 11:10:34 CEST 2008

Hi Karsten,

> I would look into switching, maybe. As soon as Magento is basically
> usable from within TYPO3, this makes sense to me. Hm. Let's put it like
> that: we have a commerce setup running, now it does all we need, we
> invested quite some time.
>
> If all that was missing is migration and Magento-in-TYPO3 runs as good
> as what I have now, I'm in. Because then I'd get those nice Magento
> extras, like product comparisons etc.
>
> PS: For now I'll stick to commerce, though.

You'll get much more that "Magento extras" by switching. You'll also get
a true e-commerce software, which none of the TYPO3 extensions are, even
the more modern "commerce". The management of products has real bad
usability and some features have apparently been thought only with a
small shop in mind (like VAT handling for example).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter