[TYPO3-dev] Progress report II

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Aug 1 10:08:54 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi Georg,
>
> great work so far! Amazing how fast the ball got rolling in this issue.
> I think what was crucial here is that someone "just did it" instead of
> just talking about. Thanks!
>
> About Magento itself, Georg, could you tell us what do you think? It is
> already "usable" for German deals?
>
> How will you plan to bind in "checkout", "basket" etc in the TYPO3
> integration? I can imagine that one wants to use "more" than just some
> product listing here and there in TYPO3, but that one wants to use the
> whole "Shop" (the browsing, categorization, the basket, maybe even the
> registration process, the checkout process, etc) from Magento in their
> TYPO3 environment. What are the concepts to do so in your extension?
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

Hi Ernesto,

i take the ball :-)
I can say that Magento is a rising star, and i'm very exited about.
The shop functionality os great, and i would use Magento as No.1 of the
shop solution.

The concepts in this project is the conjunction between both. That also
means to display TYPO3 content in Magento. So if you have a shop and a
website you should be able to have optimal junction between both -
linking and display.

For BE there is quick access, automatic login for BE user, accessing
Magento BE, viewing customers/orders list etc.

We try to get all out of magento API (and even more).

If you are interested, contact me via skype and i can show you a demo.

vg Steffen