[TYPO3-dev] Extremely slow HMENU in Typo3 4.2

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Apr 28 21:41:52 CEST 2008

John Angel schrieb:
> I've done additional debugging and the HMENU problem is in both Live and Draft WS.
>
> I've compared v4.2 and v4.1.1 and the speed difference is huge.
>
> I can see that v4.2 invites getRootLine function for every single page in the menu which is ridiculous. v4.1.1 does not do that.
>
> Any ideas?

I have done a more aggressive caching for the rootline than currently
found in t3lib_pageSelect::getRootline(). The current cache the rootline
for each page, which is onyl good for repetetive calls to the same page
(this stuff happens!).

The mentioned better cache builds up a "rootline tree". Which means
pages of the same parent can reuse the rootline of the parent. This will
in your can drastically improve the speed.

Unfortunately I had not enough time for testing and then the feature
freeze came. Maybe during T3DD08 is enough time for that so we can still
add it.

Masi