[TYPO3-dev] Extremely slow HMENU in Typo3 4.2

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:16:29 CEST 2008

Got it!

typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_menu.php:1570

function menuTypoLink

If I put there this code (fetched from the 4.1.1), it drastically improves speed:
return $this->tmpl->linkData($page, $oTarget, $no_cache, $script, $overrideArray, $addParams, $typeOverride);

It has to do with this:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7839

The new code invites getRootline for every single page in the menu. SQL disaster.

There can be an option config.typolinkCheckRootlineDontCheckInMenu or we can try reducing the SQL load by caching getRootline and menu as I suggested earlier: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5844 and http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5425

Regards,
John