[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Apr 28 15:17:20 CEST 2008

Klaus Hinum wrote:
> I just stumbled upon an error (or missing feature ;)) of the page cache
> in typo3 4.2. It looks like the cache writing is aborted when it comes
> to special chars (or html entities).

It means that charset of corresponding database field ("html" if I remember correctly) in cache_pages does not correspond to the BE charset. So MySQL cannot save your data fully. It tries but finds that data is incompatible with column charset and aborts writing in the middle.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team