[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:12:46 CEST 2008

Hi group,

I just stumbled upon an error (or missing feature ;)) of the page cache
in typo3 4.2. It looks like the cache writing is aborted when it comes
to special chars (or html entities).

In my pageteaser extension (self made) i read the abstract field (which
also contain some html entities like <b>) of subpages. In our foreign
language sections (pl, it, es, ...) the cached output of the page ends
somewhere at a special char. The uncached preview shows without any
error message or problem.
For example:

simple page (the cached output):

simple page (uncached):

Database, and page are all set to UTF-8 and the special chars are
displayed correctly. The plugins worked with 4.1.5 and below and also
work in english (where there are no special chars). Perhaps it is also a
phenomenon with the substr() function that is used on the abstract field
to shorten it.

Can I somehow see if there was an error in writing the page cache? This
phenomenon happenes on my live server and on the local server.
Furthermore, i could sort the problem with encoding the abstract with
(htmlspecialchars and removing the html entities).

Greetings
Klaus