[TYPO3-dev] width of left menu in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 22 10:55:57 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i'm in that team and we already discussed that. IMHO it's not a proper
> solution to change the labels of a language to fit in application, the other
> way around: application should respect labels to fit.

I see several solutions:

1. Resizeable left menu - not perfect because requires manual resizing
2. Additional optional setting for languages: width of left menu. May come as default with TYPO3 and be adjusted by skins. Solves problem completely.
3. Cropped item with a triangle icon on the right pointing to the right. Label pops up in full (with shadow) above left menu on hover. Visually good effect too.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team