[TYPO3-dev] noIconProc = 0 and what?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Apr 20 10:31:59 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:

>> default is 1 unfortunately (so it is off by default).
>
> and btw... I hate having options that are named "no..." or
> "dontConver...", "disable allowed..."
>
> I can't believe why people don't think of it.

Historical reasons :-)

> We should actually change this option name to "activateIconProc" and
> make a update wizard thing to convert the old setting and also turn this
> option on by default. But I know: too much work.

No, we don't need any option for it. The feature was configurable at times
when IM<->GD didn't work hand in hand, but today we could easily say it's
enabled as soon as IM and GD are present.

So +1 for removing the property and adding auto-detection instead.

Though this could be considered to be a feature change, I think it's
necessary because of the many new icons which don't work correctly
otherwise (IIRC they will be replaced by an ugly question mark icon).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out