[TYPO3-dev] TCA and own tables

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Fri Apr 18 18:02:52 CEST 2008

> Hello again,
>
> now i implemented the database in Typo3. Now i use the foreign_table
> reference list me the table entrys in the BE :-)))
> If i select some of this entrys, it will not store the values of the
> listing. It stores the uid of the reference databes.
> Is it posible to store another field in the "master" table?
>
> Christian

Hi,

there two ways of storing a foreign key:

1. Storing one ore more UID(s) in the field
2. Storing the a counter in the field and have two additional fields in
the foreign table: foreign_table, foreign_uid

Is there a reason for not using the uid? The get a record by the uid is
much faster than by any other field (expected you make some more
db-configuration).
I think the UID is hardcoded, so you have to use one of the possibility
above.
Check out the doc_core_api for details (keyword: TCA).

Cheers,

Malte