[TYPO3-dev] Possible bug with shortcuts in BE of 4.2 RC2

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 17 16:54:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Using the backend shortcuts is not possible with TYPO3 4.2RC2 anymore or
> so it seems. They only work when making a shortcut to something inside
> file module but don't work in page or template.
>
> As error appears some Javascript alert with the source code of the
> backend. No JS errors in error console (not even warnings). After
> closing that alert and clicking on the shortcut symbol (upper right end
> of backend) that opens and says "LOADING". However it doesn't load
> anything.

Could you please be more precise, especially what browser you are using
(type, version). Shortcuts work for me with Firefox 2 on Mac, although I
do get the following warning when clicking on an item in the shortcut
menu (copied form Firebug):

event has no properties
stop(undefined)prototype.js (line 3801)
toggleMenu(undefined)shortcutmenu.js (line 147)
(no name)(click clientX=0, clientY=0)shortcutmenu.js (line 82)
(no name)()prototype.js (line 209)
wrapper(click clientX=0, clientY=0)prototype.js (line 3877)
[Break on this error] event.preventDefault();

Cheers

--

Francois Suter