[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Apr 9 17:52:36 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

> the notice is not there if you import an extension from ter.
> Attached scrrens shows the 4 steps of installing wec_map. This Ext also
> needs configuration

Well thanks for showing this so clearly with your screen captures. I was
thinking about this discussion thread and reflecting that I had actually
*never* seen that message Ingo is talking about. It must be really
discrete. We clearly have a big usability issue here and it's a shame
because the EM is one of the tools that sets TYPO3 apart from (like in
"above") its competitors (and actually most open source software, which
have a painful extension installation process).

The least we can do is make sure that message is visible whatever way an
extension is installed (download from TER, update with TER update check,
upload of local file, install from local copy) and that it is clearly
highlighted.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter