[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Wed Apr 9 16:24:57 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner wrote:
> again: nothing is broken here, there's a clear message that there are
> more options once the extension is installed. If people don't read I
> can't do something about it.

again: It is broken now! Take a look at the manual of all-time-favorit
tt_news >
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.2/view/1/3/#id5224023
=> "After the extension manager created the new database tables and
fields for tt_news you should see a page with the main configuration
options. Here you can configure some basic options (mostly BackEnd
related)."

This is not the case anymore, furthermore the extension is broken
because there are no fields shown in list view. This is just one
extension under many many more!

People won't read any small messages because they just expect an
installation to work like all the other years before!

> I just do not want to fiddle with a critical part like the EM at this
> point anymore.

Even if it is critical for the usability?

Georg