[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Apr 9 08:55:16 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

> This was different before, in 4.1 you saw the configuration below the table
> create.
> This is bug#1 imho

Agreed. I think this is an important bug, maybe even critical in terms
of usability. I wonder whether it was an intentional change or a
side-effect of some other patch?

> Second (may be minor)
> If an extension is updated and delivers an update script, you only see that
> by accessing the menu selectbox. I remember Jeff suggested a "Infobox" with
> link to the update script.
> This is important for me, if extension needs to update the records, most
> users won't do until they run in troubles.

This is a good idea. Actually more than an information box it should be
an additional step in the process of installing an extension (a step
that could be skipped if desired, but a step nonetheless). However it's
a new feature, not a bug fix, so that shouldn't planned for 4.2.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter