[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 9 01:08:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

imho this behaviour is a bug, but i will hear your opinion.

If you install Extension from TER, you get "table create"-view. After tables
are created you see the message, that extension is installed now.

If an extension has an extConf (ext_conf_template.txt) the extConf isn't
written to localconf, which can lead to a non functional extension (eg
tt_news needs extConf)
To get it to work you have go to the extension list and click on the
extension again to access the configuration view, then press update.

This was different before, in 4.1 you saw the configuration below the table
create.
This is bug#1 imho

Second (may be minor)
If an extension is updated and delivers an update script, you only see that
by accessing the menu selectbox. I remember Jeff suggested a "Infobox" with
link to the update script.
This is important for me, if extension needs to update the records, most
users won't do until they run in troubles.

vg  Steffen