[TYPO3-dev] Ext better_pibase : Warning !

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 25 09:42:39 CEST 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Georg Ringer schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> Good, but the point of the author is that you cannot XLCASS pi_base.
>>
>> So what? even if this is true.. I would just include the modified file
>> in the extension and a copy of the original and the user needs to
>> change the files by himself.
>>
>> Extensions should never change the system permanently
>
> No they shouldn't and your suggestion is good. I just wanted to point
> out why he has done the "unspeakable".

Actually, he can ;) I recently found a technique that can be used to have multiple XCLASSes of the same class. But of course if two XCLASSes override one method, only the last one will be used.

There is a library called adodb_lite. It very cleverly implements dynamic subclassing. Very nice idea but if typo3 extension want to use this, they will have to write a bit more than "extends tslib_pibase".

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/