[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Site Maintanance

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Sep 20 10:11:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

"Steffen Kamper" <steffen at sk-typo3.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1190233961.1734.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> what do you do for maintainance on a site ?
> I do a new page at the beginning with a simple setup. But what with the
> other pages, they are still available.
> It would be nice to redirect direct to a little static HTML-page.
>
> Maybe it could be managed by an entry in localconf.php to redirect to this
> page. So DB is free for some works/backups etc.
> What do you think ?
>
> vg  Steffen

thank you for the tips.

Doing something in TYPO3 with alt. template or domainrecords is not the way
when maintaining the database, because the temp. site uses it.
I think best would be the solution from JoH (alternativ index.php) with
proper header in it.

The second reason I asked for is may be an integration in TYPO3. Let's say,
the admin goes to setup and sets the flag, TYPO3 makes the rest. So it would
be easy to disable the whole site whil working on.

vg  Steffen