[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Site Maintanance

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 10:00:32 CEST 2007

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:
> How about other situation.
> I need to make  books database update once per week.
> This update takes about 4min. Is there any another solutions to show some
> kind of information to website user?
> I don't want to change htaccess or move some page among a tree.

Create a separate site consisting from a single page (offile.yourdomain.com) and domain record for it. Create domain record for main site. When you want to put site offline, navigate to real site's domain record and set it to redirect to offline domain. Almost as simple as clicking.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/