[TYPO3-dev] <base> tag and IE6

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:58:03 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>> I also disagree with your recommendation of PHP 4.3.x, MySQL 4.1.x for
>> current version 4.1. Both are still supported, but should not be
>> recommended any more. It should be PHP 5.x.x and MySQL 5.x.x in
>> combination with UTF-8.
>
> Elmar, you may want PHP4 for 4.1.x but core team will officially support
> PHP5 only from 4.2 release. 4.1 is a maintenance release, no new
> features, no new platforms there. Same for mysql5 - officially we do not
> support it in typo3 4.1.x.

Hi Dmitry,

you may repeat the silly term "official" as much as you like, if you don't
have better arguments. The picture that T3 is ruled by the government
always makes me laughing. You didn't give any proof of your statement,
while I gave good reasons, to show that PHP5 and MySql5 is supported since
4.0. As 4.1 is a maintenance release, it has to support it, too.

Kind regards

Elmar