[TYPO3-dev] <base> tag and IE6

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:20:05 CEST 2007

> I read your message twice. But I failed to understand what exactly you
> are trying to correct. Did you try to correct my statement that "every
> developer" is overestimate? What sources of statistics do you have?
>
> I also cannot remember where you corrected me first time. Missed that I
> afraid...

In generally we agree in most points. I corrected, that the HTML
specification would still be relevant for the core. It should be XHTML
since version 4.0.

I also disagree with your recommendation of PHP 4.3.x, MySQL 4.1.x for
current version 4.1. Both are still supported, but should not be
recommended any more. It should be PHP 5.x.x and MySQL 5.x.x in combination
with UTF-8.

I think in generally the most progressed stable versions, that are fully
supported, should be the recommended ones. Else people invest into
antiquated software.

Regards

Elmar