[TYPO3-dev] Feature-Request: enhanced caching features for 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Sep 8 17:58:37 CEST 2007

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> as you (Dimitry Dulepov) mentioned that you might have a look at the
> caching issues that where discussed in the topic "WARNING!??
> tslib_patcher, pp_chashchecker" - is it possible to get these
> enhancements for 4.2 (now that the alpha is already released)? Has the
> core-team some time left to investigate in that?

We still can put new features after alpha is released. I have an idea
how to make but it does go further than an idea due to lack of time.

> I consider this as a major issue for TYPO3 to get some intelligent and
> especially easy to understand cache handling.
> As many of the developers don't know how extensions have to be
> configured correctly and wrongly use $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache()
> for mixed cached/non-cached extensions, and due to the fact that there
> are various issues with cHashes when using the same extension namespace
> once as USER_INT and once as USER there are some serious improvements
> needed.

Yes. But I am not sure that it can easily get to the core. Core team is
very conservative about some things ;) I cannot say that it is bad but
it slows down intagration of useful features sometimes.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/