[TYPO3-dev] CWD-Bug in PHP 5.2.4

Björn Kraus kraus at phoenix-medien.de
Fri Sep 7 08:20:59 CEST 2007

Hi Michael!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> As I already wrote in the bugtracker, the major reason for not adding this
> workaround is because I am not at all sure about possible side effects this
> could have. This would need to be checked very thoroughly...

I've already applied the patch to my default T3 installation which is
linked to nearly 15 sites. Some of them run with TV. There seem to be no
side effect at all.

> But if I close the bug entry, this doesn't mean that there can't be any
> further discussion about it. Just make your comments if there are good
> reasons to reconsider this. However, as Steffen already mentioned, there
> seems to be a much easier workaround via php.ini.

I'll give it a try and post some feedback on this.

> (Question: Can you still add comments to the bugtracker if a bug is already
> closed? I remember there was a problem with this, but I thought it was
> solved...?)

No, and that's the reason why I started this thread on the list ;)

>> Since this bug causes blank pages and PHP 5.2.5 isn't in sight I bid for
>> at least reopen the bug report. Otherwise we have to add another line in
>> requirements list of TYPO3: DOES NOT RUN WITH PHP 5.2.4, sorry.

Well, but the changes in 5.2.4 require some additional settings. Perhaps
it's helpful to add a hint in the wiki.

--
Björn Kraus
http://www.phoenix-medien.de