[TYPO3-dev] pages_types doktype + shortcut

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Sep 4 18:44:09 CEST 2007

Lucas Birk wrote:
> Hi all,
> Accidentally posted this to the wrong list. Hope this is the right place...
>
> I have created a new doktype in my TCA so that I can have a page that
> behaves like a shortcut but looks different in the page tree. I have
> successfully added the page doktype and my new icon but the shortcut
> does not work; the FE-page show normally without redirecting to the
> selected shorcut page.

Hi !

I understand your requirements:
You want a special-page have a different icon. This is currently only achievable
by setting the field "Contains Plugin" of a page to some value and filling out
the $GLOBALS['ICON_TYPES'] array ...

for example tt_news is doing this so when you set a folder to "Contains Plugin: News"
the page will have a special icon.

I extended this feature a little bit (luckily without XCLASSes) and created an extension
for this purpose:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/T3X_kb_page_icon-0_0_1.t3x

The extension is uploaded to TER an will be available there in a few hours... until then
you can use the T3X from my server.

It simply adds a field "Pagetree Icon" to the pageheader/pagerecord of a page. At the
bottom you have this new field where you can upload a file/icon.

Really simple. Just read the docs. If any questions just write a mail to me ...

greets,
Bernhard