[TYPO3-dev] IS NULL constraint using enableFields ?!?!

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Sep 4 05:24:53 CEST 2007

Hey Guys,

today I was suppressed to see that when using enabledfields on the
pages table does something like this:

.... pages.fe_group='' OR pages.fe_group IS NULL OR
pages.fe_group='0'  .....

We is the NOT NULL constrain added? This while the table definition is :

   fe_group varchar(100) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

Should that be reported as an 'bug' (more code cleanup)?

Or is this done because 0.0001% of the TYPO3 installations are using
Oracle
and oracle handles an empty string as NULL?

Ries

PS: Anybody know where the search box is on bugs.typo3.org ?